Saturday 12 October 2013

An Introduction

Hi everyone,  I'm absolutely hooked on succulents and cacti, and have been wanting to start a blog on this subject for a long time.  Finally got around to it.  I plant to showcase the diversity and beauty of these plants and help people get to know them and how to grow them.
I'm going to start with one of my favourites - Crassula ovata.  A succulent shrub that will grow in the garden, but is also very suitable for pots.  It has an interesting form and the best thing about it is the fact that it is covered in pink flowers during autumn and winter, when the garden could do with a lift.  If you put one in a pot near your front door it brings very good luck according to Feng Shui.  Easily propagated from cuttings.
Crassula 0vata

4 comments:

  1. Hi Gwen, I love that succulent! During the drought we planted a lot of succulents as they don't need much water so are always on the lookout for new ones for the garden. I will keep that Crassula Ovata in mind if we come across it in someone's garden and will ask for a cutting. Your blog looks good so far. Good on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nanna Chel for your comments. I must say that you have been the inspiration for me to get this blog up and running and thank you for all your hints and explanations - much appreciated.

      Delete
  2. Hi Gwen! Just saw your reply to my blog comments on Simply Living, and came over here again to visit :-)
    I just had a closer look at this photo and realised it is the same plant that a friend gave me in a pot last week. She said it was beautiful in flower, and now I see what she means. I like cacti and succulents too, and have a few around our place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Gina, you will love it, it is such a good all rounder. Yes, be very very carefull, succulents and cacti are addictive, and I'm proof LOL!

    ReplyDelete