Friday 31 January 2014

Heatwave Damage!

Well, we are now experiencing another prolonged heat wave - 4 days at 42 C!!  The poor plants are really suffering I'm afraid.  My lime tree has thrown it in and the lemon tree doesn't look alot better.
Anyway, I noticed several of my favourite Echeverias were in deep shade and really needed more light so I moved them to a better lit position under the pergola.  It is shaded with shadecloth but unfortunately they got burnt aaaagh! Here is a photo of one of them, so please take a lesson from me and dont decide to move plants on a 42 degree day.
If you have any damage such as burning with your succulents dont throw them out!  Keep them for the pups that they will produce, and they will recover with new leaves eventually. Keep cool everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment